Sunday, March 25, 2018

Suggestion #3 Consideration

Following in the footsteps of my last two posts, this is the last suggestion that was derived from the group activity we did last week.
Cooking Magazine
     So, after everyone ran out of ideas to give me, one last idea popped up, and that was to just change the entire genre of the magazine alltogether. While I normally would never consider such a suggestion, at this point, I'm getting pretty desperate to get to work, and if this is my best option, then so be it.

     Cooking magazines have pretty much a common cover image, and that's simply a picture of a certain food, that will be spoken about in the primary article. Because of this, this idea seemed pretty enticing at first, as food is generally easy to come by.

     So, naturally, the whole group agreed that this was pretty much the choice to go by, as it seemed to be the least complicated one to go for.

     One problem, though: I can't cook for crap

     On a second note, my grandma can cook well, but not really pretty. By this, I mean, that while the food tastes extremely delicious, it is not very photo-friendly, and lacks color, which is one of the most noticeable things in food magazine covers.

     Lastly, as stated in the plant article suggestion, this genre is not one that interests me, and, while I may be able to jump ahead on this stage of the project, I will definitely have problems writing the article, which will be reflected in the quality of the magazine when it's done. On the other hand, if I take more time working on a cover about a topic which interests me, I could take less time writing the article but still have it be of quality.

The Final Verdict: While very possible, I feel like this whole cooking thing is really a stretch for me, so I have decided to not do it. Having knocked out two of the three suggestions, only one stands: the paper airplane cover. Hopefully, in the following week I will be able to figure out how to do this in an attractive yet less-complicated manner than initially predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment