Sunday, March 18, 2018

Group Work Thoughts

In the previous post, I explained what we did in class and what recommendations I received from my partners. In this post, I will look further in depth at each of the three possibilities, weighing the pros and cons of each.
1. Doing an article about plants
Obviously, an article about plants is still a sci toxic article, but it' a very different science than the initial thought I had. A pro would definitely be accessibility, as there are many different plants that can be found to photograph for my images. A con would probably be the lack of interest from me on this topic. I picked a science magazine because I am thoroughly interested in physics, especially aerospace. Plants are not really an interesting topic for me, so I will probably struggle a bit to write about it, but in that sense, with option 3, I would also alter my topic completely, so it seems that I just chose a bad topic to attempt to portray.
2. Paper airplane cover
The recurring problem here is that I have no feasible way to photograph anything relevant to the topic which I wanted to make my article about, which is aerospace. The idea here is to somehow take a good-looking photograph of a paper airplane. A pro would be that I'll be able to continue the idea that I began with. A con would be that it would be difficult to take a picture that will match my scientific theme. It would be good to note here that this was the least preferred option by my group.
3. Cooking Magazine
Being the most preferred idea of the group, it seems that I dug myself a grave here by choosing a scientific magazine. The idea is basically that I'm going to scrap the whole idea of a science magazine and start over with a much simpler idea of a cooking magazine. A pro would be the accessibility of materials to photograph. The cons would be that obviously um going to have to redo all my work (which, honestly, isn' that much) and that I'm not very interested in cooking, which will be reflected when I need to write an article about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment