Thursday, March 8, 2018

Cover Image Brainstorming

In this post, I will be talking about the different types of cover images and trying to figure out which would be the best to use in this magazine.
         Based off of a quick search on google images, it is obvious that most science magazines use objects as cover images, which is very different from most other genre magazines which feature people, generally looking at the camera. While science magazines with people on the front are rare, the ones that do include people are speaking of very famous people, such as Albert Einstein. Since I obviously cannot get a famous person to take a picture of them for my magazine cover, I will go with option A. This means that I'll need to find or create an image of something scientifically interesting. As can be seen in a google search of scientific magazines, the cover images tend to be very edited, and many being simple animated images, but some of them are actually images of recent inventions which an article is based on inside the magazine. I actually like this idea, and do plan to investigate it further in the future.
      Now, with an idea of what type of picture I should have on my magazine cover, I need to figure out what my possibilities are to take pictures of. First, I obviously can't get a brand new prototype device to photoshoot and write about, so I'm thinking of taking an alternate route and writing an article of old electronics. While many people nowadays are tech savvy, we are coming to the point where young adults (which happen to be my target audience) grew up with new technology, and never got to experience the old and exciting tech. Being a teenager, I find old technology fascinating, and I'm sure my target audience will too, both as a history lesson and as a science lesson. While I don't have any old technology around, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to source possible devices to take pictures of and include in my article.
    After thinking about this for a bit, I have decided to hold off on thinking about the cover image, as I feel like it would come out a lot better if I decide the image once I have my cover template already designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment