Saturday, March 10, 2018

Misc Brainstorming

So, after looking through many different styles of magazine covers, I'm beginning to start liking darker-colored templates. Some examples would be the Popular science cover, as seen in my previous postings, and most of the Science magazine covers, which tend to be only black and white, but here is a non-binary example:
About the Cover. (2015, June & july). Retrieved March 9, 2018, from https://d2ufo47lrtsv5s.cloudfront.net/content/sci/349/6245/F1.medium.gif


I just feel like in the end of the day, it would be a lot less work, as I wouldn't need t oworry about 

color matching, and it just gives it a much cleaner and sleek look. But again, it all depends on how well I make my cover image, and the problem there is that, while I tried to plan it out a bit in my last post, I ended up not being able to come up with much other than a direction, as I'd need to design the rest of my magazine's template first.

A quick note that I just realized about these magazine covers, including the ones I was analyzing two posts ago, is that the cover images are primarily symmetrical, other than the NatGeo, which is rotated. Upon looking at them a bit more and doing a quick search for other magazines, it seems like it's not that common of an occurence, at least in scientific magazines. This could mean two things:

 1) It's merely a coinsidence.

or

2) They actually look more attractive and I picked them subconsciously.

While I can't say for sure, I'm really starting to dig the very simplistic style of the cover layout, with very unintrusive headlines that draw little to no attention, and let the reader see the whole cover image. When I begin to sketch out my magazine's cover, I hope to be able to create one as simplistic as the examples I've seen so far, but nothing is yet to be written in stone.

And, having given a quick thought as to what I could possibly be the title of the magazine: I have no idea, so if anyone wants to give me any ideas as to what name I could pick, make sure to leave a comment below, I'm open to suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment