Saturday, March 31, 2018

Quick Background Possibilities

So, while I'm speeding through the design part of the magazine, I still have one problem to overcome before I'm in the clear: The background.

As seen in the designs, I plan to include some sort of dark background for any of the designs, but I literally have no idea as to what I could use for that, and I'm pretty sure I need to make this image myself, so I can't use anything from the interwebs to do it, and has to be something from around my house or outside. Initially, I thought of trying to take these photos using the night sky as the background, but quickly, the whole plan fell apart after realizing that I live in a swamp, and going outside with a bunch of lights in the middle of the night is slightly attractive to insects. That, and it would just be extremely hard to pose the paper airplane in mid air rather than laying it on a hard surface. I could always use a green screen, but after doing various green screens for our music video project, no thanks, not again.

So, I will resort to looking for various dark surfaces I could use as backgrounds for my image, and post the images of the most interesting ones here.

Mouse mat:
I have this whole-desk gaming mouse mat from Corsair, and I'm not sure whether or not I can use it effectively as a background, but it's pretty dark colored and has an amazing design.
So uhh... After searching around for a hot minute, it seems to be that I have no other viable options for background images, so with one choice left, I have decided to use the mouse mat as my background image.

No comments:

Post a Comment