Thursday, March 29, 2018

Cover Template Opinions

Before getting started with this post, I want to thank everyone who has been following my blog and giving me suggestions for my project. It truly amazes me how so many people are interested in it. I can't believe I have gotten a total of 11 views! Wow! That's more than I can count with my fingers!

So, with that out of the way, last post I had drawn up some sketches of possible cover templates I could follow for my magazine. In this post, I will quickly go over each option and say my opinions.

Design #1:
I feel like this design would be one of the easiest ones to make, as the paper airplane would be face down on the background, eliminating a lot of lighting problems created otherwise. But, for some reason, I feel as if it won't be as pleasing to the eye as the other ones.

Design #2:
Being the most pleasing design to the eye, I personally think that this design, if followed properly, could lead to a very well-looking magazine cover. The main problem I see in this design is that the cover image covers only a very small portion of the cover, and the rest would need to be filled by a background, which I need to figure out how to aquire.

Design #3:
Being pretty hard to draw a 3d paper airplane in Microsoft paint, this sketch does not do justice for the image I had planned in my head, and looks a bit confusing at first, but the simmetry in this design if by far the most attractive of the three. This one seems to be the most problematic, as it suffers from the same problem as design #2, and it will also be pretty difficult to photoshoot, as the plane would need to be facing the camera, raising problems such as lighting and how I am going to hold the plane in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment