Sunday, April 8, 2018

New Target Audience Research

As mentioned in my previous posts, I had to make the choice to drop the rather vague 'science' magazine and go for a much more specific target audience. While it's not what I initially intended, such is life, and I just compromise and move on. At the moment, it seems like it will be directly to people interested in becoming pilots and pilots themselves. A quick google search shows the magazine called "Flying", which consequently is one of the most popular airpcraft-related magazines in the world. Here is a quote from the source: "pilots, aircraft owners, aviation enthusiasts and aviation-oriented executives in businesscommercial and general aviation markets worldwide." So, while my magazine isn't going to be as 'commercial', I should be able to target it towards various sides of the aviation market. 

After performing a through search on the average age of pilots, I have come to the conclusion that they are mainly middle-aged, with the mean right around 45 years old. Another search shows various surveys completed by various company, all of which determine the average pilot salary to be around $130,000 a year. This puts them directly in the upper class, with the middle class ranging up to $75,000 a year. This means that in my advertisements, I shouldn't really be looking to sell cheap or common products, but instead try to sell the audience something rather exclusive. As of the moment, I don't really have a realistic idea for what to sell, but I'll keep you guys posted.


(n.d.). Average age of airline pilots worldwide 2016 | Statistic. Retrieved April 08, 2018, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/739969/average-age-of-airline-pilots/

The upper middle class grew to 29.4% of the population in 2014. (n.d.). America's upper middle class is thriving. Retrieved April 08, 2018, from http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/21/news/economy/upper-middle-class/index.html

Average Commercial Airline Pilots Salary. (n.d.). Retrieved April 08, 2018, from http://work.chron.com/average-commercial-airline-pilots-salary-11855.html

No comments:

Post a Comment